- Cursing isn’t bad, just save it for when it matters.
- The chances of you marrying that boy you have a crush on in middle school are slim to none- but make sure to giggle about him with your friends anyway.
- Braces suck but on your wedding day when you have that perfect smile, you’ll be glad you did it.
- Girls who talk about other girls to you will talk to other girls about you. Don’t be that girl.
- Try everything. Try band and chorus and basketball and chess club and don’t care about what anyone says. How will you know what you’re good at unless you try?
- Being mean isn’t cool. Cool kids are nice kids.
- Be competitive and be the smartest kid. THAT’S cool, and it’ll take you farther in life.
- Be confident when you dress out for PE in front of all of those girls with bigger/smaller/different bodies. They’re all just as freaked, trust me.
- Keep a mirror in your locker.
- Tell your mom or dad you love them when they drop you off– you’ll miss this one day.
- Go out of your way to help other people. Your dad does this and I see how much it matters every day.
Happy first day of middle school. Go be a thermostat.